I figured out that I can’t do a full post on every little tidbit of info. So, I’ll do these news updates to keep you abreast of the minutiae of Soul music. Here we go.
Melanie Fiona has her album “The Bridge” arriving tomorrow (Tuesday October 20th, 2009) on iTunes, and the kicker is that it’s only $5.99. At that price you have no excuse but to listen. For a sample of her music, check out the mixtape from “The Bridge”.
For the Maxwell lovers out there. A 2nd batch of “Bad Habits” remixes are being released soon. A 2nd batch? Yup, the first batch was released back in September, titled “Bad Habits (The Unadulterated Remix Box)“. To sample the 2nd batch head over to Pro Motion. I’m still looking on where to find them to purchase or download. Below are the tracks of the first set of remixes.
1. Bad Habits (Harlan Pepper & AG III Club Remix) 8:10
2. Bad Habits (Karmatronic Club Remix) 6:02
3. Bad Habits (Mark Alston Club Remix) 8:03
4. Bad Habits (Harlan Pepper & AG III Dub Remix) 8:06
5. Bad Habits (Karmatronic Dub) 6:02
6. Bad Habits ( Mark Alston Dub) 7:19
7. Bad Habits (Harlan Pepper & AG III Radio Edit) 4:56
8. Bad Habits (Karmatronic Radio Edit) 3:34
9. Bad Habits (Mark Alston Radio Edit) 4:42
Hidden Beach has released their sixth volume of the Unwrapped series, titled “Give the Drummer some!”. It features Tony Royster, Jr among others. To celebrate this release, they are giving away free for download the Unwrapped Mixtape. You can get it here.
I know this isn’t Soul related, but it’s well worth mentioning. Everyone know about Jay-Z’s recent “The Blueprint 3” release. Well… Alex Goose was on of the people to submit beats to be featured on Jay-Z’s album. None of his beats made the cut, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t fiyah. :) he has posted those beats to the public via theblueprint3outakes.com. Take a listen for something different. Plus you can’t beat anything that is free.