Since breaking all that bad news (home wrecker, sex tape, suicide attempt) about Fantasia in a past post I did I thought it would only be fair to break some good new by hitting all of you Fantasia fan’s with a review on her new album as well as a preview of a few select songs that I think are play worry.
Back to Me is the third studio album by Fantasia set for release next week on August 24, 2010. This album will be her first studio album in four freakin years since 2006’s Fantasia. The album’s title was actually suggested to her by comedian Steve Harvey, when Barrino visited his morning radio program. The album was originally set for release in early 2010, but after a wack first single and and a ton of leaks, J Records pretty much said “Damn all this” and ordered more tracks for the album, postponing the album’s release until further studio sessions, and stronger singles were recorded. The project’s new lead single, “Bittersweet” was released to Itunes on May 11, 2010, and was performed live on American Idol, while a new release date was set for July 27, 2010. “Bittersweet” was pretty much wack as hell to and got very little spins on the radio, so the album was again pushed back to August 10, 2010 and finally to August 24, 2010. When the album’s track listing was released in July, several of the leaked songs, including, “Bounce Back”, “Control Freak”, “On & On”, “Without You”, “Never” and “Said I Wouldn’t (No More)”, were scrapped. Ouch!
What up with Fantasia and all this leakage? If it’s not her singles or album its a sex tape or news that she’s knockin boots with a married man then trying to kill herself over it with Asprin of all the drugs. It’s super hard for me to respect her as a woman for all that especially when she has a young daughter so I’m going to make this review short and simple while having a little fun with her track titles. lol
01. I’m Doin’ Me “And a married man”
03. Man Of The House “But it ain’t his. It’s either mine or his wife’s”
04. Who’s Been Lovin’ You “Ummm his wife and you apparently.”
05. Collard Greens And Cornbread “And aspirin”
06. Teach Me “How to find a single man and not make sex tapes”
07. Move On Me
08. Trust Him “When he say’s that lady that live with him is just the nanny”
09. The Thrill Is Gone Ft. Cee-Lo Green “But I recorded it for all to see.”
10. Falling In Love Tonight “Let’s video tape it and forget the tape in the player.”
11. Even Angels
12. I’m Here (From “The Color Purple” Musical) “And now on XXX DVD’s and websites world wide”
The album over all is pretty good and very powerful on the vocal, lyrical, hook, and ballet tip even though it’s hard to take anything serious that she’s singing present day and even funny. The heaters on this album are # 1, 2, 7, 9 (my fave). Enjoy listening to my picks and make sure to leave a half a brotha some comments down below.
1. I’m Doin Me[audio: 01-fantasia-im_doin_me_(produced_by_chuck_harmony).mp3]
Download: I'm Doin Me (266 downloads)
2. Bittersweet[audio: 02-fantasia-bittersweet_(produced_by_chuck_harmony).mp3]
7. Move On Me[audio:07-fantasia-move_on_me_(produced_by_malay_and_kp).mp3]
9. The Thrill Is Gone[audio: 09-fantasia-the_thrill_is_gone_ft._cee-lo_green_(produced_by_malay_and_kp).mp3]
Download: The Thrill Is Gone (254 downloads)
3 1/2 out of 5 Carton’s