Ok, I’ve been working on this revised recipe for a while now. The famous Secret Ingredient Cheesecake recipe has a sinfully rich taste, and velvet smooth texture. It also has a ton of carbs, since it has a full cup of sugar. Well…. that won’t cut it in 2009. With both of us, doing the low carb thing, I had to revise it, and got it down to 15 grams of carbs per slice (1/8 of the 9″ pie pan). Going low carb, it limits your choices for any satisfaction for your sweet tooth. I’ve tried to make this previously, with normal Splenda. It just didn’t work. Normal Splenda just doesn’t bind with the other ingredients like normal sugar. In comes their new Sugar Blend. It was specially formulated for baking, and it solves that binding problem. I was actually shocked at the taste, compared to the Full O’ Fat version. Try out this recipe out, and let me know how it works for you.
2 PKG 8oz Philly cheese regular
1/2 cup of Splenda Sugar Blend
1 to 2 tblsp of pure Vanilla to taste (don’t use Jamaican vanilla. you can use imitation vanilla, but I use pure Mexican or American vanilla)
This will make 1 9″ pie pan or 12 mini pie pans
1. Mix all with a blender at room temp, until mixture is very smooth with no lumps. Mix in eggs, sugar and Philly cream cheese at the same time. Add vanilla last.
2. Pour into desired graham cracker pie pan
3. Pre heat oven to 400. Then cook for 30 mins, or until top is lightly gold brown.
4. After done let cool, for about 30 mins
5. Add any toppings as needed. Normally the middle of the pie sinks, and in this impression is where I add the toppings. The ugliest looking cheesecake is the one that gets the topping to cover it up.